Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Latest Adventure: Undiscovered Cambodia

I'm excited to share my travel experiences with my clients, family and friends. I've traveled to many places for three decades, from Australia to Iceland, where the views were so incredible I felt like I was in a painted picture.



My most recent trip was to Cambodia. When I first considered visiting the Kingdom of Cambodia, I had images going through my mind... holy, sad, poor. Cambodia is so much more.

One can see the children's toothless smiles while negotiating comers... always inquiring what part of the world you are visiting from as if geography is the only thing on their mind.

Cambodia shares boarders with Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. During the 12-15th centuries, powerful kings ruled the people and created cities that supported very large populations. Temples that were built the most famously and best preserved were Angkor Wat, Angkor Tom and Bayon.

Later, sadly, Cambodia experienced dark ages... Many people were killed simply because they were educated.

Today, Cambodia dazzles with architectural treasures. Open air markets, cafes and restaurants for all budgets. Cambodia is one of the most visited countries in Southeast Asia... Safe, friendly, gentle people... Many options for all who visit. The range is limitless.

I love markets, cooking and soft adventure, so I had a wonderful time experiencing my passions in the exciting setting of Cambodia. From getting blessed by monks to taking a Cambodian cooking class after an afternoon in the markets, it was nice to relax with a friend in a stunning tent surrounded by water. Take a look at my detailed itinerary here!










I had a beautiful time in Cambodia and have more incredible trips scheduled for the future. I will continue to share my experiences, photographs and thoughts on each of my adventures. Come back often!

Sunny Regards,
Joyce

5 comments:

  1. WOW Mom!!! This looks incredible! I enjoyed reading about the trip and loved the picture of the monk tying the ribbon on your arm. Hope to read more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strolling thru the market and preparing a yummy curry, is making me hungry. What's for dinner?
    Batya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention, it's a great post! Love all your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all your photos

    put the date on them , to remember !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful trip. Can't wait to see more blog posts!

    Mel

    ReplyDelete